New year! Fucking finally. I’ve never looked forward to seeing a change in the digits of an year this much. Also, snow weekend basically made my whole month so a good enough January all around.
LIST OF NEWSWORTHY
Who’d have known that a way to get me out of the house was to tell me I’d be the one driving, ha. The other day I was running an errand alone so I got kind of nervous and totally forgot to put music on until I was on my way back. FAIL. Also, is it really more fun to drive during the day than it is during the night or is that just me? Been digging the cold weather and all I need is more snow which it’s supposed to snow here on Saturday and it should.
Other than that it’s been exhausting to be on Twitter for more than 5 minutes bouts. I’m glad there’s been so many protests, though so all is not lost.
Getting Back into Blogging
I haven’t posted as much as I did in January since…I honestly don’t remember but probably 2015. I even wrote a review after 8 months like what is happening here? Into it and having a lot of fun, too.
I randomly discovered ONE OK ROCK one weekend and Sydney was kind enough to send me recs which I still have to make my way through because I got kind of obsessed with their Ambitions album. However, this live performance totally made me emotional. She also shared one of their instrumentals and damn. So good.
Yeah, haven’t been in the mood to watch TV as much…
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow – I’m kind of over this show? I really cannot take the villains seriously. If only they would bring back Captain Cold now.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – So wasn’t expecting that ending (!). And I REALLY need someone to tell me the next time we see Pimento on the show, it’ll just be his dead body.
- This Is Us – THE BIRTHDAY EPISODE AND THE DRIVING LESSON, AAAHH. And I totally called the big Kevin twist. He’s just that awful (and predictable in his awfulness). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Fresh Off the Boat – So amazing. I really appreciate how they balance Chinese culture and American lifestyle on the show. Also, Jessica and Louis Huang are just the greatest couple.
- The Big Bang Theory – I really liked how they setup The Holiday Summation episode.
- New Girl – The latest episode was meh but otherwise, it’s all going well.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – I’m loving May’s arc even though it was super predictable that that guy would remain an antagonist.
- The Flash – ANOTHER EXCELLENT EPISODE. It totally made the month long break worth it especially the turtle, haha. (All we need is Bart Allen to complete the Flash fam and I’m just ! about that).
- Supergirl – Basically this: ugh at Mon-el, yay for everything else.
- Suits – I really wasn’t expecting it to be back already. Mike’s storyline was unexpected but I could totally see him doing that long-term, haha.
- Empire – I caught up and yeah. I don’t think this show will ever know what direction it wants to go in so it just keeps making a mess of things because drama.
- How to Get Away with Murder – The flashbacks! So cruel especially because NOW this shows wants to do heartwarming flashbacks? Humph.
LIST OF READS
I started so many amazing books that I should have finished but time sobs. Still such progress that I read a lot.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel (reread)
- Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (reread)
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab (reread)
LIST OF BOOK ACQUISITIONS
Apparently, I’m a bibliomaniac (and the following list proves it).
- Mockingbird Vol. 1: I Can Explain by Chelsea Cain, Kate Niemczyk
- Goldie Vance Vol. 1 by Hope Larson, Brittney Williams, Sarah Stern
- Midnighter, Vol. 1: Out by Steve Orlando, ACO
- Lumberjanes Vol. 1 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Brooke Allen
- Black Canary Vol. 1: Kicking and Screaming by Brenden Fletcher, Annie Wu
- Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Vol. 1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Brian Stelfreeze
- Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! Vol. 1: Hooked On a Feline by Kate Leth, Brittney Williams
- Blood upon the Sand by Bradley P. Beaulieu
- Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- The Vagrant by Peter Newman
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- The Empress Game by Rhonda Mason
- Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan
- Hunger Makes the Wolf by Alex Wells
- Forsaken Skies by D. Nolan Clark
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- The Lives of Tao by Wesley Chu
- The Deaths of Tao by Wesley Chu
- The Rebirths of Tao by Wesley Chu
- The Rise of Io by Wesley Chu
- Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
- The Winds of Khalakovo by Bradley P. Beaulieu
- Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty
Mostly singles because been too restless to listen to a whole album in one go.
How was your January?
Well apparently you got all our January snow, lol. (We have some now, though!)
The thought of your driving makes me happy! Just wait until you get your playlist. 😉
Still shocked (and hopeful) about B99. I wish we didn’t have to wait until April to find out what happens next. But at least I’ll be able to watch it right away, since S. and I will already be together by then.
I haven’t watched AoS since it came back. I wasn’t loving the first half of the season, but I hope it gets better.
I just started season 4 of Suits, and…I’m not impressed. I’ve heard it gets better, though. Are you liking season 3 of HTGAWM? I actually liked season 2 more than season 1.
SO MANY BOOKS. I definitely want to know what you think of Hold Back the Stars, The Rise of Io, and Six Wakes. They’re all on my TBR, too.
Haha I definitely did because I’ve never seen this much snow in my city before. Maybe when I was too little to remember, it was honestly so white when we stopped for pictures close to the mountains that at one point I had a hard time having my eyes remain open.
Sia all the way! =D
I wish I remembered what happens in which season of Suits so I could be of some help to you. XD
Oh, yes! I think season 3 of HTGAWM is definitely as good as season 2 if not better.
I went all out haha. Sure, I’ll definitely book push you, too if I end up loving any or all of them.
I’m so glad you got to experience that! Maybe Sebastian should have visited you instead. xD
YES, she’s the best for car music.
**SPOILER FOR SEASON 4 OF SUITS** (Just in case, lol.) Mike took the job with the investment banker, and he and Harvey are fighting. Also, Rachel’s lovely ex-boyfriend showed up Basically everyone sucks right now. I’m even mad at Donna!
Better get reading. 😉
Love the snow pics, especially that second one! And happy New Year!
I really wanted to like Legends but it’s so hard. I agree about the villains. Flash always seems to find a way to be good though!
Six Wakes is on my list, I want to read it NEXT! That premise…
Ok wow first of all, it sounds like you had an amazing January! 😀 I love One OK Rock, but I still need to listen to their whole discography instead of their songs here and there. I also find it easier to drive in the daylight, even though I love night car ride 😀 I still need to catch up with Suits, but glad that I dropped Empire after few episodes of season 2 because it’s just a mess.