Did not appreciate the amount of busy I was in April because of work.
LIST OF NEWSWORTHY
A Walk a Day
I’d been planning and planning to start walking daily and while I do that already inside the boundary of the house, I wanted to go outside (since inside they end up being more like strolls most of the time). Anyway, so I did start in the beginning of April, quickly discovered that I get bored with the same route and so I keep altering it a little and it’s been really fun so far. I did get a foot cramp and had to miss a few days which made me miss it and then I’ve been making up for it by walking 5 km instead of the usual 4. Also, I tried to give audiobooks a try but I’m just too attached to music to stick to it. However, I am hoping to give Harry Potter audiobooks a try in May and expect it to go much better than fiction has for me in the past.
A Driving Misadventure
The other day, I kind of locked myself out of the car and didn’t even realize that I’d left the key in the ignition after turning the car off the first 20 minutes after it happened so that was fun. Luckily, I hadn’t gone far away from home and my dad arrived with a spare key. Always a first time, right or maybe that’s just me haha.
Still not entirely back in the groove of watching shows like crazy but that’s fine by me.
- New Girl – Aah, loved the season finale! Although, there are some things I’d like to see unroll in season 7, I’m totally fine with this being the series finale.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow -Boy, am I glad to have watched all of season 2 and can finally say goodbye to it forever. I still love Sara a lot as well as Mick and Jax, but the rest are just so eh that I can’t anymore. I did start watching it for Cold anyway so it’s pointless to continue.
- The Big Bang Theory – Definitely much better overall and more funny than offensive funny so that’s good.
- Fresh Off the Boat – I still cannot decide which brother is my favorite, I just know it isn’t Eddie. Emery and Evan, though so much cute.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – BEST SEASON YET. Everything is one big, painful mess and I just love it.
- Haikyuu! – I think I only managed to watch five episodes in April so that’s how slowly I’m watching this haha. I promise I love it, I just don’t want to run out of episodes too soon and have taken that to heart.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – My favorite comedy show is back! As good as ever but ugh, looks like I need to mentally prepare myself for Pimento being back for the season finale.
- The Royals – Way to fuck up my ship and in such a stupid way, but at least there’s still hope. Season 4 is definitely gonna go crazier on all fronts and I cannot wait.
- Skam – All caught up! I spent a weekend mid-April staying up until 5 am watching seasons 1 and 2 just because I wanted to know how the seasons are gonna end. I have to say that Eva’s season was fine and it was fun watching the girls get to know each other, Noora’s wasn’t all that in the end and Isak’s turned out to be the best of the lot. Moreover, with season 4 being told from Sana’s POV (so weird to have a character with the same name as you), it’s great to see some Muslim representation. Overall, I don’t entirely get the obsession, but I would say that it’s a show worth watching.
- Supergirl – Loved the Lena focused episode. However, it’s hilarious that writers had Kara tell Lena to not date her murderous ex after having paired Kara up with an ex slave owner. So charming, right. Needless to say, I’m over all the pairing up and romance on a freaking superhero show.
- Jane the Virgin – I don’t know, some episodes are great while others, not so much.
- The Flash – WHO THE FUCK IS SAVITAR?! I just want to know because I’ve been driving myself crazy. Other than that, the closing episodes of the season have already started wrecking hell on my emotions as is the norm.
Look who’s watching movies again pt. 2.
- Ghostbusters (8/10) – Rewatch and just as fun.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (6/10) – I honestly have no idea what to rate oldie movies because as much fun as it is watching them, they are also quite funny and then some have snakes for days.
LIST OF READS
I don’t know what happened, probably work. (Kinda mad at myself for not rereading one of the Shades of Magic books, though).
- The Emperor’s Blades by Brian Staveley
- Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig (reread)
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
LIST OF BOOK ACQUISITIONS
Apparently, book buying is going to remain out of control this year.
- All Things New by Lauren Miller
- America #1 by Gabby Rivera, Joe Quinones
- Paper Girls, Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang
- Surgeon X #4, #5, #6 by Sara Kenney, John Watkiss
- Motor Crush #2, #3, #4 by Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Stewart, Babs Tarr
- Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi
- The White Road by Sarah Lotz
- Wires and Nerve, Vol. 1 by Marissa Meyer, Doug Holgate
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (third copy)
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (fourth copy, oops)
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- Every Night I Dream of Hell by Malcom Mackay
- It’s Not Like It’s a Secret by Misa Sugiura
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
- The Providence of Fire by Brian Staveley
- Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty (borrowed it the first time around so had to buy it on sale)
- The Flight of the Silvers by Daniel Price
- Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
- Killing Gravity by Corey J. White
- Abandon by Blake Crouch
- Dark Run by Mike Brooks
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
- Release by Patrick Ness
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- Cure for the Common Universe by Christian McKay Heidicker
I suddenly needed a lot more new music because of my walks and Spotify complied way too late in the month. But I love so many of these aahh.
How was your April?