Ha, first off I really was going to post this as a recap of August and was so sad that July AND August is over and that I got so little reading done. Go me.
LIST OF NEWSWORTHY
A lot of continuous partial attention
So I was extremely busy and had to go out a lot which I don’t mind but I’d rather spend my free time reading and/or alone. Oh, this is boring so I’ll just leave off here. On an unrelated note, I did apply for a passport so that’s something.
Oh man, I got sucked deep into The Flash this year and I was dying to know what’s going to happen. (A moment of appreciation for the existence of SDCC). So. I’ve watched about 10+ hours of interviews and SDCC panels of the cast already. I never rewatch trailers but I sure as hell have watched the trailers of season 3 several times (and died every time). I’ve this post open on my phone’s browser because it makes me smile every time I look at it. I’ve already made plans to rewatch the show in August. The best-worst part is that that’s not even all of it because I’m slightly embarrassed to go into it more.
Watching only 5 TV shows in a month must be some kind of a record for me.
- Gilmore Girls – 8 episodes into season 4 and still adjusting with all the major changes. I guess that says it all.
- Doctor Who – Halfway through season 2 and this show is so much fun. I do want more companions to show up already, though.
- Stranger Things – Watched it all in less than 24 hours about 5 days ago and still very obsessed with a bunch of 12-year-olds. Who’d have thought?
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow – I had no plans to ever watch this show but Captain Cold and Sara Lance made me finally do it. Also going to blame Ellis and Crini (especially for having to suffer through the scenes that don’t have either Cold or Sara in them).
- Suits – I love that they have even more mess to deal with because of Mike and then there’s their firm to handle, too. (Thank fuck that Mike don’t have that douche-bag haircut anymore) (which they compensated for by making him do stupid things).
No comment. Ha.
LIST OF READS
On the one hand I’m glad that the one book I finished was a reread but on the other, this is me talking about one book only. I did start a few, though.
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (reread)
LIST OF BOOK ACQUISITIONS
I’m so excited to read everything that I got in July! Now if I can just sit down and read.
- Hope and Red by Jon Skovron
- The Dark Side by Anthony O’Neill
- The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
- The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Gray
- Paper Girls, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang, Matt Wilson
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemison
- The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- The Lost & Found by Katrina Leno
- Bite by K.S. Merbeth
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
It’s so much work finding new music, man.