An on time recap? Say what?
LIST OF NEWSWORTHY
I kind of don’t remember what happened in the beginning of December? I think I read a lot, watched more TV shows than usual and didn’t work as much which was two thirds new for me LOL.
Vacationing After Years
I’m currently on vacation which started December 20th! My second cousin was getting married that week which is why the vacation began quite suddenly. I had a lot of fun attending it especially the Mehndi because of all the group dances. It got exhausting and my ears started hurting after a while since it went on for like, 5 hours. Anyway, I actually haven’t been to Karachi since 2004 so being here after all these years is fun even if it’s also constantly exhausting. However, I’m all here for exploring the city and having good food every day. Yet it’s made me glad that the city I live in is so quiet and decidedly not a metropolitan, ha.
My New Year’s eve was spent outside after years of spending them quietly indoors. My family and I went to a restaurant around 20 km outside Karachi and had desi food. We were actually waiting for the food to arrive when 2018 began so really, a fitting start to the new year hee.
I’m so glad Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finally came back, I missed it so much.
- Supergirl – I started my December wanting to catch up on a show and somehow ended up choosing Supergirl. I actually really liked a few of the episodes and then Mon-el fucking came back. >.>
- Voltron: Legendary Defender – I fully intended to watch seasons 3 and 4 but only managed to watch season 3’s premiere even though this show is great.
- Jane the Virgin – Oh my god, can this show stop making me cry? It delivers family feels AND murders so can’t complain and I’m loving the whole Jane as an author storyline. I also plan to read her ‘debut,’ Snow Falling RIP.
- The Flash – THANK YOU FOR THE FEELS YET AGAIN, SHOW. Honestly, I want to lie down on the floor whenever I think about how the mid-season finale ended sobs. It is all going down fucking amazingly well, though.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – OMFG THIS SHOW. I died laughing at some of the episodes while others skew more towards serious subject matters. In short, an all around fuck-yeah-I-love-it season so far.
- The Gifted – I’ve only watched the pilot as yet and I immediately became a fan of the X-Men underground storyline which is why I’m mad that the Struckers get any screen time at all with their mediocre as fuck acting.
I watched like the first 12 minutes of Swan Princess because Ellis has been wanting me to and then I gave up. What an epic fail hahaha.
LIST OF READS
I’m so glad I had a great December in terms of reading despite barely having enough time to read in the last two weeks of it.
- X-23 Vol. 3: Don’t Look Back by Marjorie Liu, Sana Takeda – The final X-23 volume by Liu left something to be desired but hey, I still love X-23 and I’m so excited to read about her adventures as Wolverine.
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews – HELLO, I’M DEAD BECAUSE OF ALL THE AWESOME. I quite liked the Muslim rep in this and the djinn storyline is great.
- Trust No Aunty by Maria Qamar- Hilarious and relatable!
- Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews – This was just so funny and asdfghjkl the wait till May. I actually think about this series at least once every day and cannot wait to reread it soon.
- Croak by Gina Damico – This was such an unexpected but hilarious read! I cannot wait to read the rest of the trilogy.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray – I forgot quite a lot which then came back to me quickly as I read. I was mainly reminded that I love almost all of my Diviners (re: Sam can go fuck himself).
- Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin – Another unexpected read! I quite liked this post-apocalyptic look at what would happen if technology was eliminated.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, Jim Kay (reread) – Another magical addition to the illustrated editions.
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty – An all around amazing high fantasy debut! I need more stat.
- Fence #2 by C.S. Pacat, Johanna the Mad – SO GOOD. I’m loving how the hate-to-love is spanning out.
- Saga Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples – Finally! I LOVE IT and cannot wait to binge the rest of it in January.
LIST OF BOOK ACQUISITIONS
I didn’t even add a few of my book buys so this list got edited a couple times which LOL.
- East of West, Vol. 1: The Promise by Jonathan Hickman, Nick Dragotta
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Strange Practice by Vivian Shaw
- Jade City by Fonda Lee
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- Moxie by Jennifer Matthieu
- Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
- The Djinn Falls in Love and Other Stories by Mahvesh Murad, Jared Shurin
- The Court of Broken Knives by Anne Smith Spark
- The Prey of Gods by Nicky Drayden
- The Devourers by Indra Das
- Tyrant’s Throne by Sebastian de Castell
- Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- A City Dreaming by Daniel Polansky
- You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins
- Fence #2 by C.S. Pacat, Johanna the Mad
- Rebel Genius by Michael Dante DiMartino
- Provenance by Ann Leckie
I barely listened to any music in December and basically none after mid December.
How was your December?